- 1 What is a European mounted deer?
- 2 How do you prepare a deer head for a European mount?
- 3 How much does a Euro mount cost?
- 4 How do you whiten a European mount?
- 5 Can you bury a deer head for European mount?
- 6 How long do you boil a deer head for a European mount?
- 7 How do you finish a European deer mount?
- 8 How long does it take to get a European mount back?
- 9 How much does an antler mount cost?
What is a European mounted deer?
Skull mounts are sometimes referred to as European mounts, western skull mounts, or western mounts. They are a large portion of taxidermy work. Only the skull of the animal is displayed, which will have horns, antlers, or nothing attached to the skull depending on the animal.
How do you prepare a deer head for a European mount?
How To Make a European Mount
- Remove the skin from the skull.
- Gently boil the skull in saltwater for about 2 hours and check it.
- After you’ve picked some of the meat off, put the skull back in the pot for an hour or so.
How much does a Euro mount cost?
Registered. I would guess $50 to $150 depending on the plaque. If you just want the skull back, I would guess in the $50 to $75 range. A simple single panel plaque, $75 to $100, and a pedestal style mounting panel around $100 to $150.
How do you whiten a European mount?
Cream/paste hydrogen peroxide (30-40 volume) method:
- For this method you shouldn’t need to cover the antler bases, if you are careful. But if you are worried just cover them up.
- If you’d like, you can pour, brush or rub the cream over the skull before you wrap it.
- I would leave the paste on anywhere from 12-24 hrs.
Can you bury a deer head for European mount?
Easiest Way to Clean a Deer Skull: Part 1. The European Mounts are gaining popularity. You can bury the skull. Or you soak the skull in warm water for about a month (Maceration).
How long do you boil a deer head for a European mount?
When you’ve got as much tissue out as possible, cover the skull — not the antlers — with water and a few tablespoons of Amway dishwashing powder or its equivalent. Boil or, better yet, simmer the skull for about 1-1/2 hours (less for a small deer, as too much boiling can loosen the fragile bone connections).
How do you finish a European deer mount?
European Mounted Deer
- Step 1: Harvest Game Animal Legally. Remove Head.
- Step 2: Prepare Head for Boiling.
- Step 3: Cook Meat Off Skull.
- Step 4: Clean Skull.
- Step 5: Wash and Degrease the Skull.
- Step 6: Whiten the Skull.
- Step 7: Prep Your Mount Surface.
- Step 8: Drill Your Holes!
How long does it take to get a European mount back?
Approximately three to four months; however, every skull cleans differently and during certain times of the year the volume of orders will slow down the process. We make every effort to return your order to you as promptly as possible.
How much does an antler mount cost?
An antler mount can cost anywhere from $30 to $100, while just the head mount can be between $250 to $450.