- 1 What is the best state to hunt whitetail deer?
- 2 Where do whitetail deer get the biggest?
- 3 What is the largest whitetail buck ever killed?
- 4 What state has the least deer?
- 5 What is the biggest 8 point buck ever killed?
- 6 Who killed the biggest buck in the world?
- 7 Who holds the world record typical whitetail deer?
- 8 What is the best state to hunt in?
- 9 What state has the most dear?
- 10 Which US state has the most hunters?
- 11 How many deer can live on 100 acres?
- 12 What is the largest deer rack ever recorded?
- 13 What’s considered a trophy buck?
What is the best state to hunt whitetail deer?
The 10 Best States to Hunt Whitetail Deer in the U.S.
- South Carolina.
- Georgia. While its placement on this list may come as a surprise to many, the quality of whitetail hunting in Georgia has increased greatly over the years.
Where do whitetail deer get the biggest?
This is why on average we see the biggest whitetail deer come from the northern states. It does not mean that Florida bucks cannot grow to be a considerable size. However, the climate and resources make it much more challenging to do so.
What is the largest whitetail buck ever killed?
What’s more, the Brewster buck is also now the largest whitetail ever killed by a hunter anywhere in the world, topping Stephen Tucker’s 47-point Tennessee monarch, a Nov. 2016 buck that scored 312 0/8 inches.
What state has the least deer?
10 States with the Worst Deer Populations
- North Dakota.
- Arizona. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 0.7.
- Montana. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 1.4.
- Washington. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 1.7.
- Idaho. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 2.4.
- South Dakota. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 3.3.
What is the biggest 8 point buck ever killed?
Congratulations to Jeff Majors on shooting the newest placeholder in The Buckmaster’s Whitetail Trophy Records World Record Velvet Typical out of Hopkins County, Kentucky. Dale Weddle, an official scorer, measured the buck for a green gross score of 183 ½” for Pope & Young.
Who killed the biggest buck in the world?
The story of the top whitetail ever shot is as great as the deer. When 15-year-old Tony Lovstuen pulled the trigger of his muzzleloader on the afternoon of Sept. 29, 2003, he ended the reign of a buck that already was world famous.
Who holds the world record typical whitetail deer?
The current world record typical whitetail is the famous Hanson buck, which has just over 213 inches of net antler.
What is the best state to hunt in?
Sometimes only residents of the state are permitted to apply for the draws.
- Alaska. Alaska is one of the best states for both fishing and hunting.
- Montana. Another beautiful state and popular for hunting is Montana.
- South Dakota.
- North Dakota.
What state has the most dear?
Mississippi tops the list at almost 40 deer per square mile, but Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan all show an average of more than 30 deer per square mile. Indiana, Alabama, South Carolina and Kentucky all have 23 or more deer per square mile.
Which US state has the most hunters?
Texas leads the nation in number of hunters but it is also the largest state in the whitetail’s range, so hunter density is light.
How many deer can live on 100 acres?
When I begin a management program on a new property, my first direction is just harvest “some” does. A general rule-of-thumb is to harvest one doe per 100 acres minimum.
What is the largest deer rack ever recorded?
The biggest rack ever measured was 333 ⅞ on a deer in Missouri, but that was a pickup, or found deer, not one shot by a hunter. Tucker’s kill is the “deer story of 2016 — and maybe the deer story of the decade,” Field & Stream proclaimed.
What’s considered a trophy buck?
To most, it is probably a deer with antlers that score over a certain minimum. For others, a trophy is in the age of the animal, not the antlers. If you subscribe to the thinking that the older a buck gets, the more difficult it is to kill, then yes, age is the measure of a trophy.