- 1 What is a good arrow for whitetail deer?
- 2 What arrow tip is best for hunting deer?
- 3 What grain arrow tip should I use?
- 4 What grain arrow head should I use for deer?
- 5 Are Heavier arrows more accurate?
- 6 What happens if your arrows are too lightly or heavily spined for your bow?
- 7 Do Muzzy trocars fly like field tips?
- 8 What is the most accurate broadhead on the market?
- 9 Can you shoot Rage broadheads into a target?
- 10 What does 400 mean on an arrow?
- 11 What is a good arrow weight for whitetail?
- 12 Is a 60 lb bow enough for elk?
- 13 What’s the best broadhead for whitetail?
- 14 What should you consider when choosing an arrow to match your bow?
- 15 What is the most accurate fixed blade broadhead?
What is a good arrow for whitetail deer?
When it comes to whitetail, my go-to is an Easton 5MM FMJ with a. 340 spine and a gpi rating of 11.3. Total arrow weight is 480 grains. My average three-arrow fps is 279, which gives me 82.95 foot-pounds of kinetic energy.
What arrow tip is best for hunting deer?
Top 6 Hunting Arrows for 2021
- Easton Archery Axis Long Range. In an age where some hunters want faster, sleeker projectiles, micro-diameter arrows are taking the hunting world by storm.
- Victory V-TAC 27.
- Easton Archery FMJ 4MM.
- Victory VAP-SS.
- Gold Tip Airstrike.
- Carbon Express D-Stroyer.
What grain arrow tip should I use?
Also, we strongly recommend that you use an arrow with at least 5 grains of weight per pound or draw weight (if you are shooting a 60 lb. bow, you should use and arrow of not less than 300 grains). This includes your field point or broadhead.
What grain arrow head should I use for deer?
For big game hunting, find an arrow with between 8.5 and 10.5 grains per inch with a minimum of a 400 spine. This will give your broadhead more than enough weight pushing it to drive it deep into your target.
Are Heavier arrows more accurate?
Heavy arrows simply absorb more of a bow’s available energy, resulting in fewer vibrations and quieter hunting bows. All factors remaining equal, heavy arrows always are more reliable, more durable, than lighter.
What happens if your arrows are too lightly or heavily spined for your bow?
If your arrows are too lightly or heavily spined for your bow, the “archer’s paradox” movements will be extreme, resulting in poor arrow flight and loss of accuracy. Arrow manufacturers publish selection charts that match bow weights to proper arrow spine. Your local archery shop will help you match your gear.
Do Muzzy trocars fly like field tips?
Muzzy Trocar performed like a field tip on 12 of the 14 crossbows. This is a true fixed blade broadhead with 3 fixed blades with a 1 1/2″ cutting diameter. Shuttle T-LOC tied with the Muzzy Trocar by flying like a field tip on 12 of 14 crossbows and is also a true fixed blade broadhead.
What is the most accurate broadhead on the market?
Top 7 Hunting Broadheads for 2021
- Dead Ringer Super Freak Extreme. The Super Freak Extreme by Dead Ringer inflicts a massive 2.75-inch cutting diameter.
- Sik SK2. The SK2 by Sik produces field-point accuracy.
- Swhacker Levi Morgan #263.
- Muzzy Shank.
- Rage Hypodermic NC +P.
- SEVR Titanium 2.0.
- G5 MegaMeat.
Can you shoot Rage broadheads into a target?
Contributors to this thread: No problems. Have also shot them into my 3/D targets a few times for practice, again no problems.
What does 400 mean on an arrow?
The numbers refer to the spine of the arrow. The different spines refer to the stiffness, a 400 spine arrow is generally for bows 40-60 lbs. 350 spine is for bows roughly 55 – 75 lbs, and a 500 spine arrow is for bows roughly 30 – 50 lbs.
What is a good arrow weight for whitetail?
A mid-weight arrow weighs between 6.5 and 8 grains per pound of draw force (455 to 560 grains for a 70-pound bow) and a heavy arrow is anything weighing over 8 grains per pound of draw force (more than 560 grains). Another, maybe more familiar way to consider arrow weight is in grains per inch of shaft.
Is a 60 lb bow enough for elk?
For whitetail deer hunting anything above 40 lbs is fine. For larger game such as elk or moose a good recommendation is at least 60-65 lbs of draw weight. A general rule of thumb is that a shooter should be able to shoot a bow about 30 times in a row without being fatigued.
What’s the best broadhead for whitetail?
Best Fixed Blade Broadheads for Deer
- SIK Broadheads. F4. This 4-blade, all laser-welded stainless steel broadhead delivers time and time again with its 27-degree razor-honed blade angle, producing a 1.350″ cutting diameter and a 3.350″ cutting surface.
- QAD. Exodus.
- SEVR. Titanium 2.0.
- NAP. Spitfire XXX.
What should you consider when choosing an arrow to match your bow?
Arrows must be matched with your bow. Mismatched arrows may not fly correctly or accurately. Perfect arrow flight can usually be obtained if the balance point on a completed arrow (a fletched arrow with the point attached) is located 10–16% of the distance forward from the center of the arrow toward the point.
What is the most accurate fixed blade broadhead?
Our Picks for the Best Fixed Blade Broadhead
- G5 Outdoors Montec– “We love this broadhead because it’s so easy to sharpen”
- Muzzy Trocar – “The deep penetration of this broadhead lands it high on our list”
- Slick Trick Magnum– “The four Lutz blades make this broadhead stand out”