- 1 What grain 6.5 Creedmoor is good for deer?
- 2 Is 6.5 Creedmoor big enough for deer?
- 3 What powder is best for 6.5 Creedmoor?
- 4 What is the best grain bullet for whitetail deer?
- 5 What is the most accurate load for 6.5 Creedmoor rifle?
- 6 Why is 308 better than 6.5 Creedmoor?
- 7 How far will a 6.5 Creedmoor shoot accurately?
- 8 Which is better 6.5 Creedmoor or 30 06?
- 9 How far can you shoot a deer with 6.5 Creedmoor?
- 10 Does 6.5 Creedmoor use large or small primers?
- 11 What barrel length is best for 6.5 Creedmoor?
- 12 Which vihtavuori powder for 6.5 Creedmoor?
- 13 What grain bullet should I use for deer?
- 14 What caliber has killed the most deer?
- 15 Is 5.56 good for deer?
What grain 6.5 Creedmoor is good for deer?
If it shoots well in your rifle, the 142 grain Nosler AccuBond Long Range is a GREAT load to hunt all manner of game with: these bullets will absolutely hammer deer and pronghorn at virtually any reasonable range, plus they’ll still hold together and penetrate deep enough to reach the vitals animals like elk and moose.
Is 6.5 Creedmoor big enough for deer?
It’s a great choice for deer, antelope, and even coyotes and hogs. 25 or 6.5mm cartridge, it makes an excellent deer gun, and the 140-grain bullets can handle black bears, but there are better choices for larger game.
What powder is best for 6.5 Creedmoor?
For 6.5 Creedmoor, powders like H-4350 are optimal for mid to heavy bullet weights, and powders like Varget are great when using lighter bullets. RL-15, Norma URP, and Reloder 16 are also used frequently with 6.5 Creedmoor.
What is the best grain bullet for whitetail deer?
Eight Great Deer Bullets
- Swift Scirocco. Remington loads the Swift Scirocco in its Premier line.
- Swift A-Frame. Swift sells both Scirocco and A-Frame bullets for handloaders and loads them in their High-Grade ammunition.
- Nosler Partition.
- Nosler AccuBond and Ballistic Tip.
- Hornady SST.
- Barnes TSX.
- Browning BXR.
What is the most accurate load for 6.5 Creedmoor rifle?
The 5 Best 6.5 Creedmoor Hunting Loads
- Hornady V-Max Varmint Express 95-Grain 6.5 Creedmoor.
- Barnes VOR-TX LR 127-Grain 6.5 Creedmoor.
- Sig Sauer 130-Grain Elite Hunter Tipped 6.5 Creedmoor.
- Federal Premium 140-Grain Nosler Accubond 6.5 Creedmoor.
- Hornady 143-Grain Precision Hunter 6.5 Creedmoor.
Why is 308 better than 6.5 Creedmoor?
The 6.5 Creedmoor shoots smaller diameter and generally more aerodynamic bullets than the. 308 Winchester. Therefore, the 6.5 Creedmoor has a slightly flatter trajectory, a little less wind drift, and less recoil. 308 Winchester as well as a large selection of high BC match grade hunting bullets.
How far will a 6.5 Creedmoor shoot accurately?
For big game you probably want a bullet like the A-MAX to have a muzzle velocity of at least 1500 FPS down range and over 900 ft-lbs of energy. The 6.5 Creedmoor stays above this threshold out to about 800 yards so it is definitely a viable option for tipping over a big buck out to 800.
Which is better 6.5 Creedmoor or 30 06?
30- 06 carries more energy out past 200 yards, but most good 6.5 Creedmoor hunting loads still carry more than 1,000 ft-lbs of energy out to 500 yards. The advantages the 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge has in terms of bullet drop and wind drift start to become much more important at longer range as well.
How far can you shoot a deer with 6.5 Creedmoor?
Effective range? If it’s targets you’re talking, it will work out to 1,000 yards, but if you’re hunting and combine the Creedmoor with a good range-compensating system, certainly 600 yards is within your grasp.
Does 6.5 Creedmoor use large or small primers?
Made with Lapua’s typical dedication to precision, our new 6.5 Creedmoor case has been refined just a bit, to make it an even better performer. We’ve opted for the small rifle primer, which normally produces an optimized ignition and better accuracy than large primers in mid-sized cartridges like the Creedmoor.
What barrel length is best for 6.5 Creedmoor?
The 16.75″ length would be more appropriate if you’re primarily looking to hunt or shoot out to 300 yards as the bullet will have increased velocity and better long range accuracy with less wind drift due to the shorter barrel. A 16.75″ is typical for hunting and 300-yard shooting due to the increased velocity.
Which vihtavuori powder for 6.5 Creedmoor?
Vihtavuori N555 – The ultimate reloading powder for 6.5 Creedmoor. Vihtavuori’s new N555 smokeless rifle powder is designed for precision rifle platforms chambered in cartridges such as 6mm Creedmoor, 6.5 Creedmoor,.
What grain bullet should I use for deer?
A 130-grain. 308 X-Bullet starts out faster, and on whitetails typically carries at least 95 percent of its weight all the way to the end.
What caliber has killed the most deer?
30-06 is America’s—and the world’s—most popular hunting caliber. In my estimation it would not take many 1-million deer years to top any numbers the 30-30 put up during much leaner times.
Is 5.56 good for deer?
223/5.56 caliber make the perfect gun for young or small-frame hunters. 223 to form a tough and reliable cartridge tailor made for deer hunting with the modern rifle platform. Winchester Ammunition. Winchester’s foray into this market is the 64-grain Power-Max Bonded.