- 1 What’s the world record whitetail buck?
- 2 Where are the largest whitetail deer?
- 3 Who shot the biggest whitetail deer?
- 4 What is the widest whitetail buck ever killed?
- 5 What is the biggest typical buck ever killed?
- 6 Which state kills the most deer?
- 7 What state has the most deer?
- 8 What state hunts the most?
- 9 How many deer can live on 100 acres?
- 10 What is the highest scoring 8 point whitetail?
- 11 Can you tell a deer’s age by the antlers?
- 12 What is the widest buck in the world?
- 13 What’s considered a trophy buck?
- 14 What is the biggest 8 point buck ever killed?
What’s the world record whitetail buck?
The current world record typical whitetail is the famous Hanson buck, which has just over 213 inches of net antler.
Where are the largest whitetail deer?
Boone and Crockett’s Top Whitetail States
- #1 – Wisconsin. Wisconsin is the #1 ranked state with 1,822 total entries and six counties in the top 20 U.S. counties with the most records produced.
- #2 – Illinois.
- #3 – Iowa.
- #4 – Minnesota.
- #5 – Ohio.
- #6 – Kentucky.
- #7 – Missouri.
- #8 – Kansas.
Who shot the biggest whitetail deer?
They can’t resist a little bragging, and it’s hard to blame them. But Luke Brewster doesn’t brag. It’s not like he’s short on opportunities either. Only a year has passed since the 31-year-old Marine killed the largest nontypical whitetail ever taken by a hunter, and public demand for details hasn’t waned.
What is the widest whitetail buck ever killed?
This buck is known as the Missouri Monarch. A mature Missouri buck that showcased some serious head gear that totaled up to a staggering 333 7/8 inches, making it the largest scored whitetail ever. The B&C world record was found by a hunter in St. Louis County, Missouri, back in 1981.
What is the biggest typical buck ever killed?
The Jordan Buck: The Largest Typical Buck Taken in the U.S.
- Date Killed/Found: 11/20/1914.
- Estimated Age:???
- Location: Burnett County, WI.
- Terrain: Hard Woods / Mixed Forest.
- Gross Score: Unknown.
- Net Score: 206 1/8 Inches (Typical)
- Scoreable Points:
- Spread: 20 1/8 Inches (Inside)
Which state kills the most deer?
The states with the most antlered deer killed per square mile were Michigan, 3.7 per square mile; Pennsylvania, 3.6; South Carolina, 3.2; Maryland, 3.0; New Jersey, 2.6; New York, 2.6; and Wisconsin, 2.6.
What state has the most deer?
According to a 2015 deer population estimate by North American Whitetail magazine, here are the states with the largest deer populations:
- Texas: Estimated population of 4 million.
- Alabama: Estimated population of 1.8 million.
- Mississippi: Estimated population of 1.8 million.
- Missouri: Estimated population of 1.3 million.
What state hunts the most?
Texas leads the nation in number of hunters but it is also the largest state in the whitetail’s range, so hunter density is light.
How many deer can live on 100 acres?
When I begin a management program on a new property, my first direction is just harvest “some” does. A general rule-of-thumb is to harvest one doe per 100 acres minimum.
What is the highest scoring 8 point whitetail?
According to the Boone and Crockett Club, the buck’s net score of 183-1/8 would rank as the largest ever submitted to the organization. So far, the story is that Illinois hunter Jason Sanders shot what appears to be the largest main-frame, typical 8-pointer ever killed by a hunter under fair chase conditions.
Can you tell a deer’s age by the antlers?
There is really no precise way to accurately do deer aging while hunting, other than looking at the teeth. Despite the many stories hunters tell each other, the size of the antlers and the number of points on the antlers is not a reliable age guide. Antler size is more a function of diet and heredity than it is of age.
What is the widest buck in the world?
At a panel-confirmed 327 7/8 net inches of score, the monster Illinois non-typical Luke Brewster shot with his compound bow last fall is now officially the world’s biggest buck in the long history of free-range whitetail hunting.
What’s considered a trophy buck?
To most, it is probably a deer with antlers that score over a certain minimum. For others, a trophy is in the age of the animal, not the antlers. If you subscribe to the thinking that the older a buck gets, the more difficult it is to kill, then yes, age is the measure of a trophy.
What is the biggest 8 point buck ever killed?
Congratulations to Jeff Majors on shooting the newest placeholder in The Buckmaster’s Whitetail Trophy Records World Record Velvet Typical out of Hopkins County, Kentucky. Dale Weddle, an official scorer, measured the buck for a green gross score of 183 ½” for Pope & Young.