- 1 What state has the biggest white tail deer?
- 2 What county has the biggest bucks?
- 3 Where are the largest whitetail deer in North America?
- 4 Where are the biggest deer?
- 5 What is the largest whitetail buck ever killed?
- 6 What state kills the most deer?
- 7 Who holds the world record whitetail buck?
- 8 How smart are Whitetails?
- 9 Which state has most deer?
- 10 What state has the best whitetail hunting?
- 11 What state hunts the most?
- 12 Which state has the best public hunting land?
- 13 What’s considered a trophy buck?
- 14 What is the largest deer rack ever recorded?
- 15 Where was Milo Hanson buck killed?
What state has the biggest white tail deer?
Boone and Crockett’s Top Whitetail States
- #1 – Wisconsin. Wisconsin is the #1 ranked state with 1,822 total entries and six counties in the top 20 U.S. counties with the most records produced.
- #2 – Illinois.
- #3 – Iowa.
- #4 – Minnesota.
- #5 – Ohio.
- #6 – Kentucky.
- #7 – Missouri.
- #8 – Kansas.
What county has the biggest bucks?
The World’s Record and number two all-time non-typical whitetail deer recognized by B&C are picked-up trophies scoring 333-7/8 and 328-2/8 B&C points respectively, and were found in St. Louis County, Missouri and Portage County, Ohio.
Where are the largest whitetail deer in North America?
16) Odocoileus virginianus borealis is most likely the largest of the whitetail subspecies and occupies lands from central to eastern Canada south through Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Illinois.
Where are the biggest deer?
The largest deer is the Alaskan moose (Alces alces gigas). A bull standing 2.34 m (7 ft 8 in) tall between pegs and weighing an estimated 816 kg (1,800 lb) was shot in the Yukon Territory of Canada in September 1897.
What is the largest whitetail buck ever killed?
What’s more, the Brewster buck is also now the largest whitetail ever killed by a hunter anywhere in the world, topping Stephen Tucker’s 47-point Tennessee monarch, a Nov. 2016 buck that scored 312 0/8 inches.
What state kills the most deer?
The states with the most antlered deer killed per square mile were Michigan, 3.7 per square mile; Pennsylvania, 3.6; South Carolina, 3.2; Maryland, 3.0; New Jersey, 2.6; New York, 2.6; and Wisconsin, 2.6.
Who holds the world record whitetail buck?
The current world record typical whitetail is the famous Hanson buck, which has just over 213 inches of net antler.
How smart are Whitetails?
Are deer really that smart? Keen senses of smell, vision, and hearing have a lot to do with deer “intelligence.” Deer often sense the presence of hunters long before hunters sense them. Those individuals, males and females, that are most wary and hyper-vigilant, tend to survive hunting seasons.
Which state has most deer?
According to a 2015 deer population estimate by North American Whitetail magazine, here are the states with the largest deer populations:
- Texas: Estimated population of 4 million.
- Alabama: Estimated population of 1.8 million.
- Mississippi: Estimated population of 1.8 million.
- Missouri: Estimated population of 1.3 million.
What state has the best whitetail hunting?
Kentucky is one of the most well-managed states for whitetails, with solid herd numbers and great trophy potential. More folks are finding this out, though, and public land competition is way up in the last decade. But for a true Southern whitetail hunt, I’d look to Mississippi.
What state hunts the most?
Texas leads the nation in number of hunters but it is also the largest state in the whitetail’s range, so hunter density is light.
Which state has the best public hunting land?
9 Best States For Public Land “Bow Only” Areas
- ARKANSAS. With more than 47,000 acres of bow-only whitetail hunting on 37 WMAs, Arkansas deserves your attention.
- GEORGIA. Georgia offers 22 bow-only WMAs that total 30,000 acres.
- WEST VIRGINIA.
What’s considered a trophy buck?
To most, it is probably a deer with antlers that score over a certain minimum. For others, a trophy is in the age of the animal, not the antlers. If you subscribe to the thinking that the older a buck gets, the more difficult it is to kill, then yes, age is the measure of a trophy.
What is the largest deer rack ever recorded?
The biggest rack ever measured was 333 ⅞ on a deer in Missouri, but that was a pickup, or found deer, not one shot by a hunter. Tucker’s kill is the “deer story of 2016 — and maybe the deer story of the decade,” Field & Stream proclaimed.
Where was Milo Hanson buck killed?
Hansen killed the world record holder, which scored 213 5/8 B&C, in Saskatchewan after the bus driver told him which field it had been hanging out in.